Dolly Parton Words of Wisdom
Next month the delightful Dolly Parton returns to the UK to tour, so what better excuse than to take a look at some of her greatest words of wisdom and one-liners.
Dolly, famous for her big country hits and a couple of other big things, yes that famously large bust, has over the years come out with some cracking comments.
“I’m not offended by the dumb blonde jokes because I know I’m not dumb. And I’m not Blonde!”
“I’m plannin’ on fallin’ dead on stage, doing something I love to do, singin’ a song — preferably one of my own!”
- “Someone once asked me how long it takes to do my hair. I don’t know – I‘m never there.”
- “I’ve got little feet because nothing grows in the shade!”
- “It takes a lot of money to make a person look this cheap.”
- “I look just like the girl next door — if you happen to live next to an amusement park.”
- “I buy clothes that are two sizes too small — and then take them in a little.”
- “What’s worse than a giraffe with a sore throat? Dolly Parton with a chest cold.”
- “Playboy offered me a million dollars. I might get naked when I’m 100 and then everybody’ll be sorry.”
- “That man’s known me since I was a B-cup!”
- “I was the first woman to burn my bra — it took the Fire Department four days to put it out.”
- “Plastic surgery? If I see something sagging, bagging and dragging, I’m gonna nip it, suck it and tuck it. Why should I look like an old barnyard dog if I don’t have to?”
- “People are always asking my advice but I’m not the Dolly Lama!”
Dolly Parton’s UK Tour, part of her worldwide Better Day tour, starts in Scotland on August 20th.