ATV Today’s Callum Patterson gives you a closer look at the new look for ITV News nationally and regionally.
ITV News got its new look for 2013 with a teal/blue look with a ‘virtual in virtual’ set earlier today.
This has nod’s back to the 1999 re-rand. The music has a techno remix of the last music and the titles visually are blocky and show UK/worldwide footage (which vary between each version of the programme).
Despite speculation of ‘major’ changes for the regional studios, they have adopted a blue/teal colour (similar to 2005/06-09) and the studio looks similar with differences being a higher desk, wood on the floor and longer bench for the presenters… Regions with ‘tonight’ in their programme title have dropped this adopting a ‘itv NEWS (region)’ look. Granada Reports, Lookaround and Calendar keep their names after the ‘itv NEWS’ brand.
- All regions continue to use sets which have been in use for several years, apart from Channel Television which recently joined the ITVplc ‘family’ and has adopted for the first time the genric ITV regional set and ITV London’s local output has a set similar to the national news.
- All regions have the same theme music and block style titles with white background.
- UTV and STV continue to carry on their individuality by not adopting any of the ITV revamp.
- North East Tonight is dropped after 17 years, it was launched by Mike Neville MBE in 1996. Meridian Tonight launched in 1993 while Westcountry Tonight launched in 2009 replacing Westcountry Live which had also begun in 1993. ITV News West Country also covers the region formerly known as HTV West.
- The national news no longer states it is produced by ITN, instead, an ITV News symbol appears at the end of the programmes with a small ITN copyright notice at the base. It is the first time since 1955 that the ITN logo has not been part of an ITV News broadcast.
Here are a few video highlights from national and regional news relaunch…
Daybreak – ITV News Calendar bulletin
ITV News Lookaround (Border) – 6pm bulletin
ITV News Tyne Tees and Border (Latter half of the 6pm programme shown across Border and Tyne Tees)
ITV News at 6.30
[Reported source: ITV News]