Fox News website has published the video which shows Islamic State burning alive Jordanian pilot Muadh al-Kasasbeh.
Many western media organisations have taken the decision not to show any of the 22-minute video. Terrorist group Islamic State released the video on Tuesday, which shows them killing the Jordanian pilot.
On Tuesday, Fox News Channel showed images of the pilot engulfed in flames. ‘Special Report’ host Bret Baier gave a warning to viewers of the graphic nature of the picture, which aired just after 6pm ET (11pm London time).
UK media regulator Ofcom told ATV Today that there had been no complaints as of Wednesday afternoon.
Fox News has told ATV Today in a statement that online viewers can decide for themselves whether to view the video or not.
“After careful consideration, we decided that giving readers of FoxNews.com the option to see for themselves the barbarity of ISIS outweighed legitimate concerns about the graphic nature of the video. Online users can choose to view or not view this disturbing content.”- John Moody, Executive Vice President, Executive Editor, Fox News
A number of newspapers and news websites have relayed the still images taken from the video. TV broadcasters tend to not show any footage from terrorist groups in which killings take place.